Unbelievable Facts About The Human Body
1) Most babies are born with blue eyes. Exposure to ultraviolet light (the sun) and melanin are what eventually bring out their true color.
2) Your teeth start growing 6 months before you are born
3) A full bladder is roughly the size of a softball
4) The human body may appear fragile but it’s possible to survive even with the removal of the stomach, the spleen, 75 percent of the liver, 80 percent of the intestines, one kidney, one lung, and virtually every organ from the pelvic and groin area.
5) Aside from being flammable, human hair is exceedingly difficult to destroy even with strong acids.
6) The average lifespan of a human hair is 3-7 years.
7) You knew that 75% of your body is water, but did you know that 80% of your brain is water?.
8) Your cornea is the only part of your body without a blood supply. It gets its oxygen directly from the air.
9) Babies can only see black and white when they are born.
10) By age sixty you will have lost half your taste buds.
11) After eating too much, your hearing is less sharp.
12) During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
13) Men get hiccups twice as much as women.
14) Women blink twice as much as men.
15) If you laid all of your blood vessels end to end they would stretch 60,000 miles, or around the world nearly two and a half times.
16) There are over 300 million capillaries in your lungs. If you stretched them out end to end they would reach across the United States.
17) Here's another unbelievable fact. Your feet have half a million sweat glands that produce over a pint of fluid everyday. Eew!.
18) You may not believe this but you are about 1 cm shorter at night. This is because the cartilage between your bones is compressed throughout the day.
19) A higher IQ is correlated with more dreams.
20) Apart from identical twins every single person on Earth has a unique smell.
21) Your brain uses up about 20% of all your body's oxygen and calories.
22) In order to taste something your mouth has to be able to dissolve it. Try drying off your tongue before eating your favorite candy...
23) Your stomach acid is even strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
24) Here's an unbelievable fact: the only reason the acid in your stomach doesn't eat right through your body is because the stomach cells are renewed faster than they are destroyed.
25) The average human will shed 40 pounds of skin in their life.